As a result of your generosity we are one step closer to finding a cure for brain cancer.
Funds raised to date have supported:
- The establishment of the first specialised Brain Cancer Care Coordinator, a role that supports brain cancer patients across the Hunter New England Health District, a research project which aims to produce a best practice model for replication across the country .
- A state of the art brain cancer biobank and funding for a national biobank platform to provide open access to a broad range of quality brain cancer tissues and related blood samples to researchers across the world.
- 2 Research Fellowships: Dr. Mike Faye in Radiation Oncology and Dr. Kelly McKelvey in pre-clinical models of treatment who received the Matt Callander Beanies for Brain Cancer Fellowship.
- A PHD project in IDH mutated tumours at The Brain Cancer Group
- Pilot project funding for research into improved and targeted treatment.
- The AIM Paediatric brain cancer research project in collaboration with the Robert Connor Dawes Foundation
- Defining and predicting clinical toxicity in GBM patients
- BAALC – a novel target for the development of new cancer treatments for brain cancer.
- EphA2 as a circulating biomarker for GBM progression
- Identifying the genetic basis of childhood brain tumours by exome sequencing
- Contributed 3 million dollars to the Australian Brain Cancer Mission
- Pre-clinical Therapeutic Pipeline in Brain Cancer at The Kolling institute
- Brain Cancer Genomic Pipeline based at HMRI
- A systemic screening and referral process for Glioma patients an caregivers
- Combining forces – New treatment strategies for aggressive brain cancers
- Teaching an old drug new tricks – repurposing old drugs as a new brain cancer treatment
- Funded five highly innovative brain cancer projects
For more information about where MHF funds are used, please visit our Funded Research page.