Funds raised to date have supported:
- The establishment of the first specialised Brain Cancer Care Coordinator, a role that supports brain cancer patients across the Hunter New England Health District, a research project which aims to produce a best practice model for replication across the country .
- A state of the art brain cancer biobank and funding for a national biobank platform to provide open access to a broad range of quality brain cancer tissues and related blood samples to researchers across the world.
- 2 Research Fellowships: Dr. Mike Faye in Radiation Oncology and Dr. Kelly McKelvey in pre-clinical models of treatment who received the Matt Callander Beanies for Brain Cancer Fellowship.
- A PHD project in IDH mutated tumours at SNOG
- Pilot project funding for research into improved and targeted treatment.
- The AIM Pediatric brain cancer research project in collaboration with the RCD Foundation
For more information about where MHF funds are used, please visit our Funded Research page.